Dirt ride Nov 14

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dirt ride Nov 14

Post by Musky015 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:33 am

G'day all.
I didn't actually do the dirt ride this time (back and bike not ready), but hoping someone writes it up. I went up to Wandy to see them off, on the old BSA. There were 8 riders going, Paul Kr XL200, Michael Kr XL185, Jamie KR XL185, Michael Ko Bully Alpina, Alan S DT125, Phil F XT600, Alan P WR250, Caz M TT125(?).
Keith & Audrey, George, Maria, Rob and myself waved them off at about 10:20. My plan was to meet them at Porters Creek Dam for lunch. The first part of the ride should take 1 1/2 to 2 hours. So I returned home and packed food, drink and fuel in case needed. I arrived at the dam just after 12 noon and settled back with a beer to await the riders. Two beers and an hour later no sign of them so I headed up the Tiajarra track as far as the walking track car park. It was there that I saw the sign Tianjarra and Twelve Mile tracks closed and a locked gate notice. It was 1:30 by now, I thought the crew must have seen this at the other end and rode elsewhere. Most know on bikes that gates and locks are only to keep out 4WD's. I headed back down to the Hwy and back up to Wandy to see if they had returned there. No but the trailers were still there so I waited till 3:00 and had to leave for an appointment.
i hope someone fills us in on their adventure.
Cheers
Musky015
Admin

http://shoalhavenclassicmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Dirt ride Nov 14

Post by Mago on Tue Nov 18, 2014 4:23 pm

i heard the bully met with some grief Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad broken frame
Mago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Musky015 on Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:19 pm

Here is Phil's report.
Porters Creek – Bash, Splash and Crash!  
    The day broke nice, cool and sunny for our dirt bike ride. There was a good roll up at “Wandy” but not all were goin’ on the dirt ride. The bush Bashers’ were Paul, Michael and Tomy on their Hondas, Cas and Alan on their Yamaha weapons, Michael on his 360 “Bully”, Alan on the Yamaha DT125 and me on the Yamaha 600. WE were all excited with a little trepidation. Little did we know what would unfold for the day’s ride.
We set off after coffees’ and goodbyes’ to George, Musky, Keith, Audrey, Maria and Rob. After travelling a mere 3Km, we had our first maintenance stop when one of the Honda’s muffler came loose. With a bit of bush mechanics, we were merrily on our way again. It was magic riding thru the forest with the sun filtering thru the trees, and then we came to a beautiful sparkling mountain creek which we had to cross. Following behind Cas, she decided to go for a big dive and swim, the water must’ve looked too inviting for her. What a spectacular dunking. I followed after, the water being quite deep with a rocky bottom made the crossing dodgy. Alan Smith was observing all this from behind and not being “a drama Queen” decided to take the bridge option which meant he had to balance and walk his bike over a log bridge, Good one Al.
With all of us across the creek, everyone took off like snakes and Michael (Bully) did a fantastic mono that didn’t quite work out! The others had bolted so Michael and I spent the next half hour reattaching the rear sub frame and mudguard to the Bultaco with green stick splints, vines and ochy straps. We set off as good as gold to catch up with the rest of the mob.
Next challenge was the widow-maker hill, a very rock strewn, eroded steep climb. The gun riders all got up no worries, then I came up and stalled my bike in a gully, consequently baulking Cas who was behind me. Another rescue mission and we all got to the top. Off we go again and the track is getting really rough with wash ‘outs, sand drifts, rocks and mud. Next casualty was Tomy who stepped off and broke his front brake perch. Got going again and no sooner I fell after train tracking in a rut and bent my gear lever. Straightened it best I could, but gear selection became very hard. Set of again with Alan S. in front, when he got outta control in some sand and careered off the track into a bog full of bull rushes which looked fantastic from my view. Skull dragged the Yamaha out of the bog with no damage done. With the bonus that Al’s bike was decorated with bull rushes that were wrapped around the back wheel. You know, like when you were a kid with all streamers decorated ‘round the wheel of your treadly!
All the others had wracked off again so Al and I set of alone. Next thing my Yammy konks out. By now we’re a long way out, and I’m thinkin’ this could end up a big day. Luckily I found the problem straight away. When I’d fallen off the tank breather had got twisted and kinked so the tank couldn’t breathe. Unkinked it and it started straight away, so we took off to catch the others for lunch at Porters Creek Dam. We all arrived intact, sort of where we babbled about the day’s dramas. Jeez it was relaxin’ having our picnic lunch by the water. Alan S managed to carry a banana smoothie all the way in his T-shirt which was very impressive.
It was 2pm by now and we were all buggered. It took 4 hours to do 50km. and everyone agreed we couldn’t go back the same way. We were too stuffed and we probably would be ridin’ in the dark with all our dramas, so we took the soft option and went down the 12 mile road Freeway Till we came to the Princes H’Way, which was good for me as my clutch hand and brake leg ceased to work because of muscle cramp.
It was like heaven when we reached the bitumen and everyone was singing along on our chock chasers back to the “Coffee Garage”, where we all agreed what a fantastic day we’d had .Bring it on next year!
P.S. I saw Mustard the next day who apologised he didn’t come on the ride as he had to play golf.
Phil F.
Musky015
Admin

http://shoalhavenclassicmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum