Shoalhaven Classic Motorcycle Club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poker run Oct 14

2 posters

Go down

Poker run Oct 14 Empty Poker run Oct 14

Post by Musky015 Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:59 pm

Poker Run 2014
What a great day, the weather was great and 16 riders turned up to take part. We might have had more if they knew it was FREE. The prize for the ride was a copy of the 2014 Isle Of Man TT and Classic TT. Cards collected at each stop and the best poker hand at the end wins.
Starting point was the Caltex at SOUTH NOWRA (Glenda who went straight past to Bomaderry) and finished at the Coffee Garage Wandandian to coincide with their Show’n Shine. After the 1st card chosen, we departed in brilliant sunshine to the Commerong Island Ferry via Worrigee and Terrara. It had been 12 years since I’d been down there and I think about that long since the road had seen attention. I was also surprised when I saw the sign saying $10 to cross on the ferry!!! No thanks we’re going the other way. The 2nd cards were chosen and off we set. Two riders missed the turn to the ferry and were seen on the way to our next destination, Callala Bay. A quick stop there to disturb locals having breakfast on the foreshore. Old farts on old floggers always gets attention. The 3rd cards were chosen. On to our next stop Husky Pub via Forest Rd and Woollamia Rd for lunch and refreshments. It was way past Beer O’Clock for me. Two schooners and a bowl of chips and it’s off to our last stop, Wandandian, the long way. I hoped to get there before the S’nS had finished. Down through Vincentia then up Navel College Rd to Pine Forrest Rd and into the back of Tomerong then down the old highway to Basin View then down the Highway to Wandy. We got there just in time to see a few bikes, a rod or two and my all time favourite car, not one but three early 70’s Corvette Stingrays. Yum yum yum. A young lass was belting out a few songs (emphasis on the “belting”) and the few trade stalls were starting to pack up. I got a sticker for my beer fridge (what else do you put in a fridge), “He who dies with the most toys still dies” and a ticket in the Vietnam Vets Harley raffle, 1 in 800 chance to win, what will I do with a tractor.
To end the day the last cards were chosen and hands tallied. Only six of the participants scored a zip. Four of us had pairs, three had two pairs and Audrey thought she had got it till Rod drew a Q to go with the two Q’s he already had. So Rod was the winner on the day. Funny how new members seem to get lucky early.
I left soon after to catch the PI motogp. Bugga I missed the 250’s and Ausie Jack Miller winning. Good to see Rossi back on the top step.
Thanks to the members and two guests for turning up and making a quite enjoyable ride. A lot better than last year’s 3 riders and overcast weather. Hoping it will be bigger next time.
Cheers
Musky015
Musky015
Admin

https://shoalhavenclassicmc.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Poker run Oct 14 Empty Re: Poker run Oct 14

Post by Mago Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:06 am

sounds like a lot of fun....sorry but i was into getting bikes going...A100 ...then of cause there was  the GP
Mago
Mago
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum